Friday, April 23, 2004

#15: A Crush

When I was yong, I had a crush,
On this girl, I knew, who made my blood rush.
So slim, so petite, so awfully nice,
But pity pity, she left in a trice.

Four years on, I went to the West,
To change my scene, no doubt, to rest.
Away from the sorrows, away from the heartache,
Away from it all, yeah away from the sadness.

And then as Fate would have it,
I met her again, back in the East.
Sample place, same table, same crush,
But now, I knew, the time was past.

For she had another, a thousand times better,
How can one win when one is like a pauper?
And so, with a leaden heart,
I decided to love I will part.

No more heartaches, no more sorrow, no more sadness.
Life goes on, no love whatsoever.
Loveless I am, heartless I am not,
I know that in my heart will always remain,
The slim, petite, nice girl of my younger days.

No comments: