Friday, April 23, 2004

#16: Gentlemen Friend

I had a friend, a guy friend,
As kind as a gentleman could be.
He'd offer to buy me lunch,
And even for tea.

We met in school, years ago,
When we were both still unknowns.
A nice guy, no doubt, to all,
The Prince of a man, aye, says all.

We parted when the grade was seven,
I went to the west, he went else.
We lost touch as quickly as we met,
But how when someone too good to forget?

I wonder now, where is he,
Is he still good? Is he still nice?
Will he remember the days all gone?
Or will he forget, like most would have done?

My friend, good friend, true friend,
If you see this, hope you'll understand,
That you are still a friend of mine,
No matter how far, no matter what the time.

No comments: