Another buddy of mine, a girl this time,
Was a die-hard friend, no less.
She and I met at the beginning of time,
When we were still learning how to write.
A buddy no doubt, who came from down under,
Nice girl she was, but no wonder.
Stood up for me when I was down,
Hung on to me when I slipped down,
Cheered me on when I was up,
Lent an ear when I had doubt.
A marvellous friend indeed! No doubt.
But, like all my friends before and after,
When the time comes, they disappear,
Contact lost, feelings grown old,
How to find when the trail is cold?
Has she migrated, is she still here?
Is she the same, or has she changed?
Will she even bother about me again?
Questions I ask, but how can the answers be obtained?
Cool, Joe Cool, no doubt about the code name.
Read the name, feel the name and come back,
To me,
Your friend,
Forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment